We speak with Jamie Bernardi, co-founder & AI Safety Lead at not-for-profit BlueDot Impact, who host the biggest and most up-to-date courses on AI safety & alignment at AI Safety Fundamentals (https://aisafetyfundamentals.com/). Jamie completed his Bachelors (Physical Natural Sciences) and Masters (Physics) at the U. Cambridge and worked as an ML Engineer before co-founding BlueDot Impact.
The free courses they offer are created in collaboration with people on the cutting edge of AI safety, like Richard Ngo at OpenAI and Prof David Kreuger at U. Cambridge. These courses have been one of the most powerful ways for new people to enter the field of AI safety, and I myself (Soroush) have taken AGI Safety Fundamentals 101 — an exceptional course that was crucial to my understanding of the field and can highly recommend. Jamie shares why he got into AI safety, some recent history of the field, an overview of the current field, and how listeners can get involved and start contributing to a ensure a safe & positive world with advanced AI and AGI.
Hosted by Soroush Pour. Follow me for more AGI content:
== Show links ==
-- About Jamie --
* Website: https://jamiebernardi.com/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/The_JBernardi
* BlueDot Impact: https://www.bluedotimpact.org/
-- Further resources --
* AI Safety Fundamentals courses: https://aisafetyfundamentals.com/
* Donate to LTFF to support AI safety initiatives: https://funds.effectivealtruism.org/funds/far-future
* Jobs + opportunities in AI safety:
* Horizon Fellowship for policy training in AI safety: https://www.horizonpublicservice.org/fellowship
Recorded Sep 7, 2023